Thank you lefraise2002 at ohhowrandom.wordpress.com and Cathy Jing at drowninginroughdrafts.wordpress.com for nominating me for this award! In reading about the Liebster Award at your blog and others linked to you, I’ve come across some very interesting stories. Discovering what other people enjoy, how they feel, or have needs for, has been an exciting journey to many parts of the world.
Here are 11 facts about me…
- I would love to kill this thing called Arthritis. If I could decimate the wild wandering growth that hinders so many people, I wouldn’t hesitate to press the red button.
- I have tons of great story ideas. I wish I had time to develop all of them.
- For years, I’ve wanted to learn how to draw and now I have a wonderful teacher, Robin Rogers Cloud robincloud.com. She taught me how to sketch, and now I am learning how to watercolor. I recently finished a sketch of a rooster and painted it. The results have brought me so much pleasure. I can do it!
- It is exciting to win a writing contest, no matter if it is an Honorable Mention, Third, Second, or First Prize. The memory of applause gives me strength to plow on through long hours of hard work.
- In the year 2000, I won several awards for my patchwork baby quilt designs, but I’ve given up quilting for writing.
- The writers who have inspired me are Mark Twain, John Steinbeck, and Dashiell Hammett. My friend and writing mentor is Dawn Thurston memoirmentor.com.
- I love listening to jazz, saxophone, or the lonely notes of a cello. While driving I enjoy love songs by Rod Stewart, and like switching to the pep of the Beach Boys. When ever possible, I squeeze in watching Keith Urban performances.
- At 5:30 a.m. I enjoy listening to Jason Mraz! I feel happy and smile while I make lunches.
- I learned how to ride horses on a dude ranch in Tumacacori, Arizona. Can you find it on the map?
- I’ve had a total ankle replacement on my left foot. I can walk without pain!
- I thoroughly enjoy writing knock-out first sentences, and creating cliff-hangers at the end of chapters.
Now, the answers to your questions:
What is your favorite subject to photograph/write about?
Pearly pink, white, and lavender sunsets. Also, I love writing fiction and creative non-fiction.
What is the best book you’ve read in the last year?
It’s a toss-up between re-reading John Steinbeck’s East of Eden and The Grapes of Wrath.
Cats or dogs or…? – Which one is the better companion for you?
I love dogs. I’ve raised an Alaskan Malamute and a English Water Spaniel. Both breeds are affectionate.
What is your favorite vacation spot?
The island of Maui.
What is the most spontaneous thing you have ever done?
Walk out on a creepy boss whose desires were to sexually harass me.
Toes socks – good or bad?
Good. I tried my daughter’s.
How many languages do you speak?
Three – English mainly, bits of Spanish, and Cantonese. I want to learn French and Italian.
What is your favorite part of humanity?
Helping the homeless, comforting the aged, and encouraging the young and lonely of this world.
Oreos- original or double stuffed.
What is your favorite season?
Summer! I love the beach!
Best part of doing the Liebster award?
Getting to know the works of other people who love to write!
Two bloggers I would like to recommend for the Liebster Award?
Tim Taylor http://thedailyhillbilly.wordpress.com
Kiwibeeblogger.wordpress.com I love her Snap Thoughts site!
Thanks everyone, for stopping by to read more about me. I hope you enjoy all my stories.